The Association of Educational Therapists is a professional organization. Like most professional organizations, in addition to preserving its membership base, it seeks to grow and cast a wider net in order to maintain and increase a supportive influence within the profession it serves. AET membership provides a professional identity to its members which distinguishes the profession of educational therapy.
AET offers seven levels of membership to our diverse community. Anyone with an interest in educational therapy is welcome to become a member of AET.
Benefits of Membership
All memberships share these basic services:
- Access to Members’ Area of the AET website
- Subscription to AET’s professional journal, The Educational Therapist, featuring articles by top professionals in educational therapy and related fields
- An electronic copy of the annual Professional Directory that includes listings for Associate ET, Allied Professional, ET/Professional, BCET and Retired members
- Discounts to AET workshops and conferences, providing opportunities to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the field of educational therapy.
- Member discounts at the AET online store
- Participation in AET Study Groups including the Virtual Study Group
- Access to free or discounted webinars
Professional members of AET receive additional services:
- Listing in AET's Professional Directory, in print and online, used by AET members and public and private agencies for referrals.
- Group-based professional liability insurance for ET/Professionals (ET/Ps) and Board Certified Educational Therapists (BCETs)
- Recognition of professional experience and expertise through exclusive use of the ET/P and BCET registered service marks
- Assistance in establishing and maintaining a practice in educational therapy
- Links to your website and/or blog from the referral directory
- Classified advertising for employment opportunities, office space, and educational materials
- Information and seminars about business planning and professional business practices
- Sample forms and policies used in private practice
- Intervention tips
In addition to the above tangible benefits, your membership in AET supports the emerging profession of educational therapy!
- AET provides a proud professional identity.
- AET sets the standards and defines the practice of educational therapy.
- AET encourages the highest level of professional excellence of its members through standards that support high levels of competency.
- AET disseminates information about educational therapy to the public.
- AET invests in the future of the profession and the practice of educational therapy through involvement in issues of professional interest and importance.
- AET lobbies for public funding of educational therapy and public policy issues that affect people with learning disabilities and other learning disorders.
Most importantly, ALL AET members can participate in an organization that maintains high professional standards in the interdisciplinary field of educational therapy. As part of the Association, professionals continue their educational and personal growth while supporting their profession.